Efi/tfi ?

Efi/tfi ?

funcj7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 cj7
Is there a Mechanical Fuel Injection system that will work on AMC 304 V8 on a 1979 CJ7 ?
Acctually what is the least expensive and reliable system that I can get either EFI or TFI ? It does not have a stock cam in the engine but do not have any paperwork with the jeep so no idea what size...

Nancy&Allen

Grab a computer from a 305 chevy, throttlebody, and an adapter for the intake to TBI if needed (Check ebay).
Call affordable fuel injection and pick up the computer chip and engine wiring harness.
You can have it setup for under $500, you'll need a couple sensors but they are cheap.

I'm not sure what engine you have but I use a Holley Pro-Jection setup. You can usually find a used one on E-Bay.

Here is one now (4v) -->> Holley Pro-Jection Fuel Injection Kit Ford,Chevy,Mopar:eBay Motors (item 170350668101 end time Jul-05-09 14:42:09 PDT)

And one for only 250. (2v) -->> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Holl...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Or a list of all of them for sale -->> pro-jection, great deals on eBay Motors, Air Intake Fuel Delivery on eBay!

You have many choices... :)

I have this carb installed right now
EDELBROCK PERFORMER SERIES EMISSIONS LEGAL CARBURETOR
600cfm, Electric Choke, EGR, Square-Bore Carburetor
Catalog #1400
I found this kit online
Off-Road Carburetor Kit By Edelbrock Jeep CJ

My main concern is to keep from stalling on inclines...has anyone had good results with this option? thanks for your help :notworthy:

Stalling and tuning a carb for varying altitude is why I swapped on the chevy TBI, it's stupid easy to build just from junk yard parts. Get to keep my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l but get TBI runs great starts every time, hot or cold. By far the best mod I've done yet.

That kit is a good thing to add to your performer, I had spring loaded needle seats in mine before, not sure if it ever helped but it never hurt.

I don't think it would stop flooding from a very steep incline but it will keep the float from beating the heck out of the seats on rough terrain.

I had a holley off road carb on mine, it still stalled on steep inclines.
I have a tbi now and it will run standing on its bumper.
Really you can't go wrong with efi, I'll never go back to a carb.
I have a holley 670 for sale if anyone wants it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom