Engine-oil dipstick tube

Engine-oil dipstick tube

ken98k

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
{1980 cj-5, 258, t-176, d300 amc20 rear, D30}{1974 cj-5, 304, T-15, D20, D30 front, D44 rear}{1973 cj-5, 304, t-98,D20, amc20, D30}
{1990 yj 2.5L i-4 AX-5 NP231 Dana 30 front Dana 35c rear}
1996 XJ Cherokee 4.0 HO
{2000 silverado}
{1979 Cadillac Sedan DeVille}
The dipstick tube broke off on my 74 CJ5 w/AMC 304 , so I bought a new tube and dipstick and tube from Morris 4x4.
I managed to get the broken part out fo the b,lock but I can't seem to get the new part to go in all the way. It seems to stop about a 1/2" short of where it should be.
I've buggered this new tube up now so I ordered another.
Does anyone have any tips to ease the installation?

The aftermarket tubes don't fit the block. Try Bulltear.com theirs fit. They specialize in AMC stuff.

The dipstick tube broke off on my 74 CJ5 w/AMC 304 , so I bought a new tube and dipstick and tube from Morris 4x4.
I managed to get the broken part out fo the b,lock but I can't seem to get the new part to go in all the way. It seems to stop about a 1/2" short of where it should be.
I've buggered this new tube up now so I ordered another.
Does anyone have any tips to ease the installation?

I'm sure the pan is still on but I would mic the diameter of the new tube and try to find a drill that is the same size or just a tad smaller and run it threw the old hole.. Or if that's not an option take some sand paper and try to reduce the diameter of the new tube a little, grease it up and dead blow hammer it in.

I read an article were some one used a boxend wrench that would fit over the tube down to the bump in the tube. Then hit the wrench with a hammer to drive it in. Do like stated early about sanding and lube the tube. I went trough two tubes before I bought the right one. Mashed and bent them both.

Had same problem with my amc 360 when i ran it bought new dipstick and tube broke the first one bought another same issue but didnt brake it kinda bent the tube a little as knocked it in made it go right in and just bent it back once it was securly in.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom