Engine options

Engine options

VaRandy

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 CJ-7 304 with headers, intake manifold.
35s , rest unknown.
I have a AMC 304 that needs rebuilding or replacement. Does Jasper do jeeps?

If not, who else might offer short block tradeouts.

In the meantime, anyone with a new or close to new rebuilt engine, please contact me.

How mechanically inclined are you?

Good time to learn the rebuild :cool:

When I was in high school, my 351 in my ford blew up. I didn't have the cash for pro rebuild or swap, so i took it out, borrowed an engine stand and went to town. Didn't have a book or anything (not recommended.. get a book or research online :cool:) It was fun, enlightening, and it worked well afterwards...

BUT...

I just paid to have one of the easiest Transmissions to rebuild pro rebuilt so... I understand if not wanting to do this yourself... ;) The tools alone can be frustrating, but these days you can rent just about any tool from parts house and return it for free (within a time period) and they'll credit (slowly) back to your card.;)

As far as your real question, no where near you, so another member would have to help you there :D

:chug:

~ JR

I have a AMC 304 that needs rebuilding or replacement. Does Jasper do jeeps?

If not, who else might offer short block tradeouts.

In the meantime, anyone with a new or close to new rebuilt engine, please contact me.

Yes, Jasper will rebuild your motor, it's doubtful that they will have one in stock.
But it wouldn't hurt to ask.;)

I am retired, living in a large RV without all the tools and lifts I had in a previous life.

I am retired, living in a large RV without all the tools and lifts I had in a previous life.

:notworthy: My apologies...

Didn't mean to be degrading. You have a lot of knowledge on me then!
:chug:

~ JR

Keep your eye open for good running AMC 360's also.. Might be cheaper to just swap into some thing running then having it rebuild. the 360 will bolt right in and give you a little more power

If you could talk this guy into shipping it, this looks like a good deal. under $1000+shipping for a rebuilt motor is a steal IMO.

LINK

Note: this is not mine, I have nothing to do with it other than passing the ad on...

When my amc 360 went down on me i contemplated on rebuilding it i did love the way it ran and sounded those engines to me had a unique sound with exhaust but anyhow when i started looking up the parts prices it kind of scared me away the prices were a little high so i am transplanting a sbc 350 into mine which i already owned. So the adapters and so fourth werent to bad but if you cant find an amc engine or the price is a bit steep to build, you can swap a ford 302 or 351w in that jeep if its a manual 3spd should have T-150 if it does it shares the same tranny bolt pattern as the ford and will bolt up to the ford bellhousing you may have to modify the pilot shaft (shorten it a little) but it will bolt right up get you some universal ford mounts from like transdapt or you can go to Novak adapters.com or advance adapters .com they may even have a kit that way you might could find a rebuilt 302 or a crate motor for not much money and parts for it genualy are at every parts store that is an option you may want to look in if you experience trouble finding the amc deal your looking for novaks sight is full of good helpful knowledge and might help you oh, and you can also use your factory radiator for the ford it has the same side inlet and outlets.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom