engine pay pics

engine pay pics

cjnewbie

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj7 360 3 speed
I am trying to sort out the engine bay on my 79 cj do any of you guys have any pictures you could post of your engine bays just for ideas thanks

How's Dat?

Bushman

yes sir thank you is the starter sylinoid mounting stock that is one of the things i was wondering about becuse mine is in the same place

yes sir thank you is the starter sylinoid mounting stock that is one of the things i was wondering about becuse mine is in the same place
Yep! The starter solenoid belongs on the RF fender... :)

right on i was considering mounting it inside under the dash along with the ignition moduale is there any reason that wont work?

1st question? Why?

2nd question? What would you gain?

It could work but you would have to up the gauge of the starter feed wire (s) (batter to solenoid / solenoid to starter) guage considerably.

well two things 1. just cosmetics getting it out site
2. it has to be more protected from mudd (witch i plan to get alot of on my jeep:) )

Kewl...

The cosmetics will work...

And from experience - the solenoid can be covered in mud - it will still do it's job. :) They are tough! :)

the thing is basicly all the wireing in the jeep has been hacked up i'm not sure there is a single wire that has not been spliced or black taped somewhere along the line lol so since it needs some help anyway i was thinking about cleaning some things up

got to love what the owners before you do to jeeps :biggun:

Your game, but in my past experience, adding MORE wire or moving stuff for the sake of moving, only makes for another trouble spot. CJ's right, solonoids are tough, and so is basically anything Jeep stuck under the hood. Also, anything you try to hide, is gonna bite you in the <-BAD WORD-> when It does go wrong.:mad:

I agree with the above. My '79 had it on the fender as well and I can tell you 33x14.50x15 TSL's will add a nice coating of mud to everything. As long as the wiring is good and your grounds are solid you'll never have an issue.

the thing is basicly all the wireing in the jeep has been hacked up i'm not sure there is a single wire that has not been spliced or black taped somewhere along the line lol so since it needs some help anyway i was thinking about cleaning some things up
Keep the solenoid as it should be kept... It belongs between the starter and the battery... The shorter the cables the best - the external solenoid works - deal with it! MHOP :)

the syloniod is realy not my concern i know it realy is not a big deal to get wet and i agree that keeping the battery cables short helps but mine and i assume all of them has the ford style ignition control box and that is realy my concern is getting that wet so has nobody had a problem with this ?

the syloniod is realy not my concern i know it realy is not a big deal to get wet and i agree that keeping the battery cables short helps but mine and i assume all of them has the ford style ignition control box and that is realy my concern is getting that wet so has nobody had a problem with this ?

Nope, you can stick than box in a bucket of water, and rock on. Nothing under that hood is going to give you any exposure related problems. The only possible issues will be maintainence related. A quick check one a year or so to scope out loose connections, or a frayed wire, maybe a decaying wire sheath or a little corrosion at a connector is all that is ever needed.

enough has been said about the solenoid but I would avoid running any high amperage cables through the fire wall or any other opening in a sheet metal panel. It may result in some spontaneous fire works and arc gouging.:cool:

well the reason i was asking about starter wireing and things is my jeep seamed to spin over realy slow but after a new starter and a 1100 cold cranking amp battery and new cables it was still the same but i just found the problem it was just sitting here idleing and then all he** broke lose and this is what happened

Yeah......you're prolly gonna want to fix that.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom