Engine will not stay running

Engine will not stay running

phil77

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
80 CJ-7, 258, Howell TBI, Amc20, 4 spd,
I just put a MC2100 on my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . I took it to a shop and he adjusted it for me and it has been runnning fine for the the last few weeks. Yesterday on my way home the RPM's just dropped to below 500, idled real rough and then died. Now it will start and run until i take my foot of the gas. As soon as I let off the gas it dies. Any help would be appreciated.

i think i would check th fuel filter. sound like it may have some water in it. That would be my guess. Dayle

I just put a MC2100 on my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . I took it to a shop and he adjusted it for me and it has been runnning fine for the the last few weeks. Yesterday on my way home the RPM's just dropped to below 500, idled real rough and then died. Now it will start and run until i take my foot of the gas. As soon as I let off the gas it dies. Any help would be appreciated.

I just checked the few vacuum hoses I have and they seem to be fine. The PO has installed an electric fuel pump but it sounds like it is running when key is on position. Could the fuel pump be an issue since it cuts off when I let off gas..also some one mentioned to me about the fuel bowl. Where would that be? and is it adjustable?

I just checked the few vacuum hoses I have and they seem to be fine. The PO has installed an electric fuel pump but it sounds like it is running when key is on position. Could the fuel pump be an issue since it cuts off when I let off gas..also some one mentioned to me about the fuel bowl. Where would that be? and is it adjustable?
Replaced ICM that was not it. but the back was all melted out so i guess it needed it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom