Fitting 38's

Fitting 38's

Out of my mind CJ5

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
74 CJ5
scrap built CJ7
I have a CJ7 with SOA and 1/2 inch drop shackles will 38-12.5 tires fit in the stock wheel wells or would they have to be trimmed? anybody got pics?

If your springs flex at all you are going to have to trim. You could probally get away with tj flairs.

1. Check out Longhorn's profile. He has a scrambler with 14" of lift, and he is running 38's. Member's Galleries - Jeep-CJ Gallery

you will need to trim with only 6" of lift

2. If this is a CJ%, I, personally would be leary of going that high without stretching the wheelbase out, but that is my opinion.

the only reason i want them is for shows and to show off. i have a set of 33's that i will use to run off road. if i use yj flares would it work for strictly on road purposes

i just looked at cj's scrambler, that thing is sexy i like it. if i did end up having to trim could i just get small lift springs or an aal and be ok. does anybody make brake lines that long. and what about the steering

dumb me forgot to mention that it is a 94 yj yub with a CJ7 front clip. i heard the wheel well was slightly different

I don't have a link off hand, but there are several companies that you could get the brake lines from. If it will just be for shows, the SOA will fit it, but you won't be able to drive it very much, you will get tire rub.

will the tire rub be in the turns or when the sus. flexes on bumps

IMHO both. The YJ tub will help in the rear, you could also extend your bump stops to help with the flex part. You can also adjust your steering stops to keep the tires from rubbing the springs in front. Not sure how much turning radius your have left.

Check out my gallery. Some are with 38's and some are with 36's. I don't want to trash the Boggers on the road. 4" spring SUA and shackles. 3" body. No trimming .rear, but tube fenders in the front mainly for the shackle reverse setup

I don't really like SOA for lots of reasons.

Those are pretty big meats. I think carving the fender wells are the best bet. Other wise you would need to go higher and you may feel top heavy!

A SOA should give you 4-6 inches of lift. Enjoy.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom