Fixing Gauge: Fuel and Temp

Fixing Gauge: Fuel and Temp
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7
On my Jeep CJ7 my fuel and Temp gauges are not working...

The guy I bought it from said he had Transmission and engine work done on it about 3 mths ago...

I know these have some simple wires that couldve possibly not been hooked back up, so where are the wires? or what else could it be?

Most of the time it's a bad ground. Very common problem in jeeps.
check to make sure they hooked the temp. sender wire back up.

here is a good troubleshooting guide for ya...
Basic Troubleshooting for CJ gauges

thanks for posting that troubleshooter,after going through your flow chart im confident i smoked my gauges when i fixed my speedo cable and "temporarily" left my cluster in with only the bottom right nut ,grounds,grounds,grounds! :notworthy:

The gauges are probably cooked. You can buy them new from quadratech. You have to replace them as a set because they work together. Like the others said, check your ground. They ground to the speedometer housing by making contact with little bumps in the housing. Clean the bumps off with a little sand paper before installing the new gauges to make sure they're grounding well to the speedometer housing, and DO NOT turn the key on without the speedometer being bolted and grounded to the metal dash! Otherwise the new fuel and temp gauges will fry within seconds of getting power. They need to be grounded or they will burn up! :eek:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom