Flywheel question

Flywheel question

Out of my mind CJ5

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
74 CJ5
scrap built CJ7
So i just bought a 360 today and a gas tank for $140 but it doesn't have a flywheel or distributor. i have a AMC 304 out of my Renegade thats torn down. will these pieces swap over if i use the same tranny? any help is appreciated.

The 360 is an externally balanced crank assy. This is saying the crank, rods/pictons, flywheel and balancer are ballanced as a unit, the parts are motor specific. I would think the flywheel will fit and I would be very curious as to how much vibration you ended up with with this kind of assy. I honestly have no memory of anyone having actually tried this. The optimal path would be to pull the crank and rods/pistons and the odd flywheel and have them balanced as a unit , reinstalled with new bearings and rings. didn't save a lot with the used 360.
I feel your pain! I have a AMC 304 with no flywheel that I paid enough for that I have willed myself to forget to avoid a bad memory.:cool:
If you decide to try the AMC 304 flywheel on the 360 Do let me know how it goes.
I don't see any possibility that it will shake itself apart before you can shut it off. In fact I would suspect it will be a tough decision whether to pull it back out.:cool:
It may not be worth the effort.

So i just bought a 360 today and a gas tank for $140 but it doesn't have a flywheel or distributor. i have a AMC 304 out of my Renegade thats torn down. will these pieces swap over if i use the same tranny? any help is appreciated.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom