for those running the model 20..which axles?

for those running the model 20..which axles?

jeepthrills

Jeeper
Thanks
Hey everyone.
I have a 84 cj which i built up with a 360/727, 4.10's, Ected, TSM disk brakes and yukon axles.

The problem...After about 15-20k and about 4 years, one of the yukons just crapped on me and fragged an outer bearing. The axles' bearing surface is pitted...so i need a new axle. Randys wants 200 for 1 axle...most of the kits I see are now in the 250 range for both sides. And most of the old names i used to know are gone (summers bros, etc..).

So who makes a decent axle there days?

thanks

Hello jeepthrills and welcome to the site! :chug:

I seem to recall that you can buy one axle from Superior. They have a toll free # 888-522-AXLE (2953), I'd give them a call and ask for a part number.

The I'd contact www.4x4groupbuy.com - and ask for their price. They were the lowest I could find when I purchased my front axles a little while ago.

I have seen the Superior set up in the catalogs....was seriously concidering the Mosers...just because they have been around forever.

I quoted Superior because I'm pretty sure they sell single axles... :)

I run Superior on my CJ7 and moser on my CJ5 . Both run with 35's and see a lot of heavy trail use (rocks):). Either one has done great.

well with one bad yukon...i am sure the other is not far behind....I was planning on getting a new kit and replace both.

I have been running my superiors for 5 years now, no problems.

Moser's are great also. You can't go wrong with either, but I would probaly go moser if I had the extra cash.

i just really hate this whole idea of non-axle lubed bearings that everyone seems to have gone to. Spoke to the guys at Moser...they even said they go bothways...ball or tapered bearings. Just the ball bearings are greased and the tapered you leave the inner seal out. But the kits only come with the ball bearings.:bang:

The moser axles I had came with Tapered and the Superior were also tapered. Come to think of it I haven't seen any standard ball bearings, only tapered.

hello, btw this is my first reply im new, as of tonight.

i actually had yukon axles in my 00 4 banger tj, and after beating the :dung: out of them they held untill i got the jeep air born 5 feet and landed hard. it sheared the the flange off the shaft. but i was able to buy just one shaft off ebay pretty cheep..

but as of right now in my CJ5 it has model 20 rear and 30 front with superior axles with dynalock lockers front and rear. and the guy put them in back in april of 06 about 38k miles ago. and honestly they are strong. alot stronger then the yukons i had, and im only saying that because the yukons i had would make a creeking sound when ever i would launch hard from a stop, now i have four more cylinders and 3 or 4 times the power and torque then the tj and the superior shafts do not make any noise i have no complaints with them.

quick question. what is a trackback? i see that below where i am typeing to you now.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom