Ford bellhousing for the t-150 3 speed

Ford bellhousing for the t-150 3 speed

Dennis77CJ5

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'77 CJ5, 304, 3 speed.
Looking for info for the T-150 Transmission . Is there a direct bolt on ford bellhousing that will fit. Looking to install a small block ford in my CJ5 . It has a AMC 304 currently. Just more parts and cheaper for the ford engine. Plus I am a ford fan.

Thanks Dennis

Im pretty sure that a T-150 will bolt onto a ford small block bell housing

This is from somebodys project list:

1. Bell from late 80's F150
2. The high tooth(164?) 50 oz flywheel
3. Adapter pilot bushing from Novak
4. 11" Ford clutch
5. 11" GM disc- 1 1/8x 10 spline
6. MORE motor mounts- hang them on the motor, hook it up to the tranny and figger out where it goes. Use the stock CJ location, the driveshafts won't fit.

Also, this is supposed to be good reading, though Ive not read it:

TOTW: Ford 302 engine swaps - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Many Fords transmissions (not a Ford guy so I don’t know all the particulars) use a “butterfly” pattern, called the Ford butterfly surprisingly enough. The Ford T18s that are popular CJ swaps have the same butterfly pattern as your T-150 . The one potential problem I see is that the front shaft on the CJ T-150 is about a 1/4” longer than the Ford T-18 so if you use a Ford T-18 (or equal) bell housing (bolted to your Ford motor) and try to put your CJ T-150 behind it the shaft may be too long. I have to agree with PetesCJ; why keep the T-150 ? It is a good strong Transmission but gives you nothing in the low range department. If you are going to go Ford anyway then why not just keep it Ford front to back and find a T-18 to use.

For playing in the sand dunes the 3 speed works great. Long gears, dont have to shift as much climbing hills. I dont need low range gears, never go off road or crawling.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom