Fouled Plugs

Fouled Plugs

CoreyYoungCj577

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj7 232 inline 6,Dana 20 Tc,T-150 Trans, stock diffs.
So alot of you guys help me out alot and i appreciate it Thank You!

So i got bored and i knew the #1 plug was fouled, so i decided to change it along with #2 one also, well then i decided to pull the third one just to see what it was like, and guess what it was fouled! The engine is the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l straight six with the three speed Transmission in a 77 CJ7 that sat for ten years. I'm attempting to bring her back to life.(its all stock)

So then i decided to come up here and ask all you great fellow jeepers what would cause a engine to foul all plugs, i didnt go further then third, assuming the rest are fouled.

Thanks guys!

Carb running to rich. Thats probally why it' was running like :dung:.(missing) could be a stuck float or dirt under a needle making it dump to much fuel. A carb rebuild might be in your future.

Carb running to rich. Thats probally why it' was running like :dung:.(missing) could be a stuck float or dirt under a needle making it dump to much fuel. A carb rebuild might be in your future.

X2 on that, even a dirty air filter, old worn out plug wires or cap & rotor can cause it to carbon up.

I would much rather have all six foul than one or two. I thought you just replaced the plugs rotor wires and cap. did you clean out the fuel tank?? a spray can of carb cleaner could take you a long way.:popcorn:

I would much rather have all six foul than one or two. I thought you just replaced the plugs rotor wires and cap. did you clean out the fuel tank?? a spray can of carb cleaner could take you a long way.:popcorn:
I did do all that except i didnt clean the fuel tank and it has alot of gas in it now ha but the plus is i have tools i took off the hood tonight. Going to take all the seats out and tear the carpetting off tomorrow. Then maybe if im feel strong attempting the body tub= EASY access gas tank woo!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom