Front Wheel Play "not steering" any ideas?

Front Wheel Play "not steering" any ideas?

Jroch

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 1985 CJ, 2006 E250
I noticed the other day I have play in both front wheels, the play is top to bottom play. Meaning if I grab the top of the wheel and pull towards me it wiggles. It is not the ball joint it is like bearing play but I can not duplicate it if I grab the side's of the tires and try to wiggle only does it if I grab the top. any ideas?

When trying to diagnose a bad wheel bearing, jack up the front of the vehicle and try to wiggle the wheel from top to bottom. If it wiggles noticeably, that may indicate a bad wheel bearing.

just to make sure, tighten the bearings a little and see if the wiggle changes, it so take bearings out inspect them. if they are not pitted or groved or discolerd. if they look good repack with bearing greese, and reinstall them, if they look bad replace them, ,

after they installed and wiggle still there, use a rag covers pry bar (so u dont scratch rim) and have someone moderatly pry from the top of the rim and the bottom of rim and also under the tire, as they do that carefully watch the ball joints.

and good luck with this.

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom