Fuel Line routing underhood

Fuel Line routing underhood

MuddBucket

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7 258ci/T5/Dana300/AMC 20/Dana 33
I feel like I rescued a beaten old mutt from an abusive owner...
Hey Guys,

Im new here. I just picked up an 84 CJ7 and i feel like i just rescued a beaten animal from the shelter. It's actually in pretty good condition except for the fact that the PO must have owned stock in bungee cords and ratchet ties. Im tryin to bring her back to life now. I recently replaced the carter electric fuel pump with a stock mechanical in hopes of alleviateing some of the wiring issues this guy handed to me.:eek: My question is, how is the stock fuel line routed on an AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l engine to a Weber carb. I just ordered a stock fuel line from inline tube, looks good, but cant for te life of me figure out how it was routed originally or where it hooks to the carb, it looks like there is only a hose slide-on inlet on the carb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!:confused:

Thanks!

Your shouldnt be a stock carb so now you just run some rubber hose to the carb from your metal line. The stock carbs like the carters had a bolt on line connection at the carb.:banana:

Hello and welcome MuddBucket :chug:. You've found an awesome CJ site here, we're glad to have you aboard.

Is this what you're looking for? The bigger of the two hard lines that comes up and around the valve cover is the hard line from the fuel pump (the other is the vacuum line from the distributer), after the hard line I have a fuel filter. Single inlet duel outlet, the main out is on the bottom, and it goes to the carb, the top line is to the charcoal canister as a return line for gas vapors. The outlet holes should be stacked on top of each other like and over-under shotgun. NOT side by side like an Elmer Fudd gun.

DSC_0172.png

Excellent. Thanks alot guys. The only reason i bought the line was to try to minimalize the ruber hose that the PO ran across the engine. The part i got was a two piece set with a small piece running from the carb to the hose then a longer piece running from that hose down to the pump itself(i thought). On the side of the engine that you cant se in the pic, is that a one piece line or are there two pieces? I just couldnt figure out how it was run being as i had nothing to go by or no FSM.

Thanks Again!:chug:

I only have one piece of hardline.

From the fuel pump - three inch piece of rubber hose - hard line up around the front of the engine - three inch piece of rubber hose - fuel filter - rubber hose to carb about six or eight inches long.

I'm assuming you could replace some of the rubber hose from the filter to the carb with hard line, but I really don't see the need to, just my 2¢ though.

Thanks Elwood.

This is where my dilemma is, the hard line i got has a threaded fitting on one end and a slip on side for the hose. I thought that the threaded end would go into the fuel pump output. But it doesnt seem to line up if i intend to do that. You have a slip on for both the input and output of the fuel pump? Maybe the question i should be asking is, how was the stock mechanical pump mounted on the engine? all i have there right now is a block off plate. it seems like it might work if i mounted it with thew inlet and outlet pipes on the top. Im tryin to get my head around it before i go and make the truck imoble.

DSC_0004.png

My mistake MuddBucket. I was thinking about the distributer vaccuum. Here's a pic of my fuel pump, and you're right the end is threaded in. I've got to run, but I'll be back in a couple of hours...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks