Full width axle people

Full width axle people

Kane

Full Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-8 Restomod Scout axles 4 wheel disks, 258, ax15, D300.
So anyone here dabble in full width chevy or ford axles? I have been pondering this very idea for awhile now. What do you run and how do you like it? Did you stay with factory style Jeep springs or did you go with wider flatter springs. Since you have to mount new hangers anyway I guess it is a wide open for choices.

So anyone here dabble in full width chevy or ford axles? I have been pondering this very idea for awhile now. What do you run and how do you like it? Did you stay with factory style Jeep springs or did you go with wider flatter springs. Since you have to mount new hangers anyway I guess it is a wide open for choices.

I'm running full width [FONT=&quot]1986 CHEVY M1028 CUCV, Dana 60 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]4.56 W/Locker. IN FRONT[/FONT] ** [FONT=&quot], 1977 DODGE CUCV M-880 Dana 60 4.56 Detroit Locker IN THE REAR. I'm running Wrangler springs W/ a shackle reverse. Check out the pictures in my album. Sorry about the bold type. I get all the flex I can use. I'm tire rub Limited .[/FONT]

Very nice pictures. How is your frame handling the stress from the extra weight of that set up? I was planning on doing some reinforcement work on mine.

Very nice pictures. How is your frame handling the stress from the extra weight of that set up? I was planning on doing some reinforcement work on mine.

I re-enforced my frame on both sides w/3/16 plate. It seems to be holding up fine.:D

when you make your decision, make sure your pumpkin is on the right side. most Fords are on the left side, most chevys are on the right side.
if you dont plan on changing your Transfer Case , match your new axles to it.
Id think about using wrangler springs. its no more work, and they do flex better.

I would run a chevy front but sometimes the ford rears are easy to find. I am debating the wrangler with spring over but I do not want to go beyond the lift law limit here in CT plus I plan on keeping center of gravity as low as possible. I don't care if I have to do some fender trimming either.

I would run a chevy front but sometimes the ford rears are easy to find. I am debating the wrangler with spring over but I do not want to go beyond the lift law limit here in CT plus I plan on keeping center of gravity as low as possible. I don't care if I have to do some fender trimming either.

I have not a clue as to CT lift laws, but mine has no CG issues.
Of coarse with full width axles, 12' Wide wheels & 15.50 wide tires.
It changes things up a bit.:rolleyes:

Long wheel base for you too. I have a shorter wheel base. I am allowed a pretty decent amount of lift for CT but the Jeep is short so it needs to stay low. JP did an article on a wrangler with 40s and no lift. I dont want that extreme but I can run 35s with my current lift and some modified fenders.

I'm running 4" lift springs, SOA & a 1" body lift- body mount combo.
Also my spring mounts raise it some.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom