Daniel1381

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 cj 5
3 speed
inline 6 258
everything stock
bought a 76 jeep CJ5 il6 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l ... some of the gas lines connections(rubber) looked rough so i wanted to change them all.. on the sending unit has two lines that go off of it does it matter what order they go back on??

bought a 76 jeep CJ5 il6 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l ... some of the gas lines connections(rubber) looked rough so i wanted to change them all.. on the sending unit has two lines that go off of it does it matter what order they go back on??

Yes, one is the pickup and the other is the return line. If memory serves the smaller one is the return.

At least in my tank the return line is much shorter than the pickup (inside the tank). So, if you have a full tank, you'll know they're backwards when the car dies 10 minutes after you're full... :p

But seriously,
The pickup line routs up the passenger side and the return comes back the driver's side... and yes, they're different widths too...

Blow in each and listen to see which one bubbles.

I've got the same model. After reading this I'm realizing my cj's fuel lines might not be ran right. I've got 1 line ran to the pump, no return. However, there are two capped lines coming off the top of my tank. Any thoughts?

if its anything like my 81, the 2 on the top are the supply and return. then you have the rollover lines on the side, filler and vent on the other side. mine is all jacked uo. PO under the impression you can use 12 feet of rubber hose as fuel line. Jack*SS

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom