Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 Jeep Cj5 Renegade
I258 1987 Engine
Aisin Warner Ax15 Transmission
Dana 300 Transfer Case
I have a 1980 CJ5 with a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and will be a ax15 with the Dana 300 . Is there any gaskets that go between the engine/Transmission and the Transmission /Transfer Case ? If so, where is a good place to order them from?

Is the gasket between the engine and Transmission a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l gasket or are they specific to the Transmission ? I assume it is a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l if there is one, forgive my ignorance.

https://secure.pawengineparts.com/shoppingcart/ShowItem.cfm?itemid=31697&catid=836

Does this include it if there is one?

I appreciate the help!

No gasket between the Transmission and engine. The engine itself has a main seal in front of the flywheel and the Transmission has a gasket around the input shaft. Don't worry about them unless they are leaking. The main seal is a more common problem than the tranny input seal.
Then there is a seal between the Transmission and TCase. Check out this link
GASKET AND SEAL KIT - JCWhitney
Most of this kit is only used for a rebuilt. The gasket you were asking about is the one in the upper right, the black one. With a little more searching you should be able to find just the tranny/TCase gasket.

some of us have been known to use a bit of RTV or permatex . Or so I have heard.:cool:

No gasket between the Transmission and engine. The engine itself has a main seal in front of the flywheel and the Transmission has a gasket around the input shaft. Don't worry about them unless they are leaking. The main seal is a more common problem than the tranny input seal.
Then there is a seal between the Transmission and TCase. Check out this link
GASKET AND SEAL KIT - JCWhitney
Most of this kit is only used for a rebuilt. The gasket you were asking about is the one in the upper right, the black one. With a little more searching you should be able to find just the tranny/TCase gasket.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom