Getting rid of the computer

Getting rid of the computer

Berg

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85 cj7 laredo
Ok I just got a painless wiring harness and so I want the jeep to look neat. Can I just pull the computer and all of the wiring attached and have my jeep run properly? (85 CJ7 I-6) I already did the Nutter Bypass.
Thanks,

Wasn't the computers on that year Jeep just for the emission controls. I think if you yanked out all that then the computer isn't doing squat anyhow. I think you will be fine. Why dont you disconnect it right now and start the vehicle to see what happens?

i all so have a 85 c-j7 and would like to know where is the computer i have looked and have found noting that looks like a computer?

The computer is behind the glove box. Who knows what that black box under the driver side dash that says jeep on it? Can i get rid of that too?

That black box is for the intermittent wiper control, I think. See if it's not wired into your wiper switch.

intermittent wipers on an 85 cj? new one on me but yours being a Laredo i guess its possible. i got rid of all of that garbage under the hood though. even the dist. and ignition module and all of the vaccum lines looks 100% better. welcome mlittle nice to see someone so close on the forums i live about 15 min south of chattanooga

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom