Help Deciphering Carb Model.

Help Deciphering Carb Model.

lrentz

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 CJ-7
Motorcraft is stamped on top. I can not find a model tag anywhere. Any ideas on what model it is?

Thanks,

Lee

First things first, welcome to the board. CJ (the guy who runs the place) likes to give out the first beer, so I'll let him do that.

The carb in the picture is a Motorcraft 2100. Are you just looking to I.D. it, or do you need parts for it?

Are you just looking to I.D. it, or do you need parts for it?

I was trying to I.D. it first so I could order a rebuild kit for it. Thanks for helping out with that. I did some research on the 2100 from what I found is different 2100 models?

1.08 = 200 cfm
1.14 = 200 to 300 cfm
1.21 = 360 cfm

I can not find those numbers anywhere on the carb. I called the local autozone and they gave me a part # 96-367A for a Gp-Sorensen / Carburetor Kit. I am just wondering if it will work since I do not know which 2100 I have.

lrentz

I have a 74 CJ5 with a AMC 304 in it. Here are a couple of pics of mine. They show the only place I found any numbers on my carb.

lrentz,

The number you're looking for is stamped in the carb base, it's a number inside what looks like a clock dial. Find the throttle linkage, on the drivers side, and follow that to the front of the vehicle to the accelerator pump. On that corner, under the throttle linkage should be that casting number. That is the venturi size. From what I understand there were 8 or 9 different venturi sizes, ranging from 0.92 all the way up to 1.50.

I spent a little time on NAPA's web site, I'm thinking that carb very well may be your stock one, not a swap-in. According to NAPA, a Motorcraft was a factory carb option for a '78 CJ7 with a AMC 304 . So, whoever you go to for parts should be able to look that up for you and find you a good rebuild kit.

I didn't see Thorworn's post, his second picture shows the venturi size number very well under the throttle linkage arm.

Looks like the stock Mc2100 to me. Was available on V-8 Cjs right from Amc.
Motorcraft is stamped on top. I can not find a model tag anywhere. Any ideas on what model it is?

Thanks,

Lee

Thanks. Right where you said it was, 1.08 venturi. Also, below and to the left of the venturi number was what appears to be 6A22? Does that sound right? It was a little difficult to make out. I was looking at autozone's website and they have a kit listed but not any with those specific numbers. I want to order the rebuild kit tomorrow. Wish me luck it will be my first carb rebuild.

Last edited:
No luck required. Get a big white towel, and do the work on the towel, that way none of those little parts can wander off. Follow the directions that are in the kit, and you'll walk right throught it. Let us know how it goes.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks