Help Identify My Carb.....

Help Identify My Carb.....

NGA CRAWLER

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ 5 , 304 v-8 engine , Ford T-18 tranny, Dana 300 transfer case with a twin stick conversion kit, 14 bolt (single wheel 1 ton) rear welded, 1978 Chevy 3/4 ton front (long side cut shorter ) with a Detroit locker, 4.11 gears, and the frame has been extended to a 125 inch wheelbase.
I have a 79 CJ5 Crawler with a AMC 304 , 2 barrel that needs a rebuild kit . I was told that the carb came off a 73 or 74 . I have been to all the local parts stores and have had no luck with identifying it . It has a sticker on it that says "Remanufactured by Holley " but none of the numbers on it pulls up any information on it . Heres the numbers I found on it . The sticker has a number of 0497-000000, The venturi number is 1.08, their is a number on the base that is 2EDA (or may be 2FDA) its hard to tell , their is a fancy #3 casted on the very bottom of it . It looks like a mc 2100 but thats a motorcraft carb and this one says Remanufactured by Holley. If anyone could help me identify this carb and give me a rebuild kit number I would geratly appreciate it ....Thanks , Jason........

Last edited:
That's a Motorcraft 2100, it's an old version too, the choke pulloff vavle on the top is a dead give-away.

Thanks . The guy I got the jeep from built it for rock crawling in Tellico. He lost interest and the jeep had been sitting for 3 years . Its a 79 CJ5 but he said the carb was off a 73 or 74 . So Do I just need to tell the parts store I need a rebuild kit for a MC 2100 ? Thanks again .....

NAPA part number CRB 25585, if it is a 74-75 carb... But all of the MC2100 rebuild kits are basically the same.

Thanks for the information . I really do appreciate it ......If I have anything else I cant figure out I will post it on here ....

That part number is for a mc2150 , You said I have a mc2100. Will that kit work for either carb ?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom