Help the new guy...need some general info

Help the new guy...need some general info

KJs 83CJ7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7, 258
2010 JK Sahara
Hey everyone...Before I flood the forum with questions, I think I've got a lot to learn about the inner workings of the CJ. I'm an audio/visual electronics guy - so i'm pretty good on re-wiring my electrical and that sort of thing...but...my CJ needs a lot of drivetrain type work, and i'm hoping someone can share a link, or a book, or another thread that can help explain all of the parts that make an older Jeep like this move....that way I can do my research before bothering everyone with silly questions. Thanks to everyone that helps me out......Ken

I would also strongly recommend finding yourself a factory shop manual ("fsm") for your Jeep. There is no better source of information than what the factory originally put together...well, except for the collective wisdom of the folks on this forum! :)

I know you have a CJ7 but look and read all the info on this site will help you know your jeep inside out
Earlycj5.com :chug:

I would also strongly recommend finding yourself a factory shop manual ("fsm") for your Jeep. There is no better source of information than what the factory originally put together...well, except for the collective wisdom of the folks on this forum! :)

X2^^^^

It is an indespensible tool and a must have, reprints available at Faxon

Thanks everyone...I'll pick up the books and continue to read through the forum. The wife has already realized that this new hobby will keep me on the laptop for a couple hours each night after work......glad she likes the way the Jeep 'will be'.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom