Help

Help

granparon2002

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Superduty 4X4,66 Mustang,,98 ford Ranger
Hi all, Thanks for making me feel welcome. I have had 4x4 all my life,and that's a long time. I just bought my first Jeep,a 83 CJ5 , a basket case out a field here locally.It has been sitting for about 12 years. The motor is a V6 [Buick I think] and it has a 4SP. transmission, But the tranfer case is missing. I've been told that the Dana 300 is what came out,but can;t find one locally. Is there something else that will work. Thanks Ron:confused:

Have you check with any of your local 4x4 clubs? What about Craigslist?

The 83 did not originally come with a V6 so someone swapped that in there.

Can you get us information on exactly what transmission you have?

Hi & Welcome,
I feel your pain.....I have a "project" Jeep as well!:D

Hey CJ; We are trying to figure out the motor, It's a GM with throttle body fuel injection. The transm. looks like a T177-176,according to your drivetrain forum; I couldn't find that numbers,but on plate on the right side of the trans. was stamped rgbd 5359389 0920 18. on the left side cast into the case is [top]C260 4203 [below] 16K828067.1. The transfer case adapter/tranny mount is round 6 bolt. I hope this helps.as I said we just hauled this thing to the shop and are trying to figure it out. We hope to have operational for hunting season{a month away] Thanks

I can't help on the trans but, the 300 is a 6 bolt round pattern, not sure if anything else is through. My guess on the GM 6cly. with tbi would be a 4.3 as thats a popular swap.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks