Help!

Help!

gumbycj5

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5 304 v8, stock driveline
hello, my 79 CJ5 is having a little bit of issues.. after being driven for a while the jeep stays cool... however when i go and park it.. the water temp goes up to a little over 190 and then it takes a little while to start... also.. i have noticed some residue in my radiator.. looks almost as if a little bit of oil has mixed with the coolant. any help would greatly be appreciated. :chug:

I don't see the temp related to the starting problem unless you are vaporizing fuel in a fuel line. do you see any water in the oil?? 190 isn't over heating.:D

hello, my 79 CJ5 is having a little bit of issues.. after being driven for a while the jeep stays cool... however when i go and park it.. the water temp goes up to a little over 190 and then it takes a little while to start... also.. i have noticed some residue in my radiator.. looks almost as if a little bit of oil has mixed with the coolant. any help would greatly be appreciated. :chug:

Check engine oil for any milkyness or appearance of water it could be a possible blown head gasket for the possibility of the oil residue. If it is blown and your getting water in the cyls. it is possible for it to foul the plugs a little or the plugs could have build up around the electrode making it hard to get a full flame kernal which could cause it to not fire up easily.

thanks guys, im in the process of cleaning everything out.. turns out my jeep didnt even have a thermostat in it.. and the rad was filled with some nasty brown old coolant.. im flushing out the system and putting new coolant, new oil, and a thermo in it.. and i was thinking about the fuel as well, i have to re-route my fuel line... but i just dont like my vehicles hittin up near the 200 range.. but just asking cause i thought it was odd that i can drive all day and it wont get hot.. but once i park it it heats up then causes problems. anyone know the best way to run the fuel line? i have a motorcraft 2100 carb fyi
:oops:

I don't see the temp related to the starting problem unless you are vaporizing fuel in a fuel line. do you see any water in the oil?? 190 isn't over heating.:D

i know 190 isnt over heating.. just sayin its odd.. cause once it gets to 190... it stays like that untill i let it fully cool down. :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom