Hey AMC V8 Jeepers...

Hey AMC V8 Jeepers...

CJim7

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 CJ7 - 430hp 401 on propane - T18a/D300 twinsticked, Superior axles, Lockers, full boatsides, Warn 8274, OBA, 36" TSL's.
I dont like to cross post, and honestly Im not even sure CJ allows this and if he doesn't, He can delete it with my appologies.

On that note, I think this is a good thread for those of us with AMC V8's to take a look at. The aftermarket is shifting away from AMC V-engines and that is apparent in the ever climbing price of parts and quite honestly, they are getting harder and harder to find.

Bulltear is the leader in AMC parts and I have supported them throughout the years as they are the only place to find certain parts. This is an opportunity for those of us with AMC 304 , 360, 390, 401 engines to actually do something to preserve what we have. The idea of deeper main/rod bearings means we have an option if a crank needs more then a typical grinding. Spin a bearing and you can end up searching for a new crank. This can possibly eliminate that scenario.

So if there is any interest in this, drop Bulltear a line through the P4x4 link below.

AMC V8 .040 .050 over rod and main bearings - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Sounds like it'd be easier to have a spare engine around...Wait, I already do. :)

i've seen what happens when a crank breaks, its not a mental block, its a ruined one.

3" main diameter and 2.5" rod diameter...That's huge... a lot of material, I think the AMC V8 cranks can take a .050 grind with no problems.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom