Hose Problem #2

Hose Problem #2

cuelebre

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7 1981 6Cyl.
There is a small loose hose that I cant figuer it out where it goes.

You can see it in the picture with the yellow arrow.

This hose, comes from the bottom of the exhaust system. First it is a metal hose, then it has a flexible elbow and ends with rubber.
Not shown on this picture, hiding behind the Carb, there is a small pivot on the top of the exhaust system. The hose fits there, but I'm affraid to connect it there and make thing worse.

Where does this hose should be connected to?

I think that would go to the TAC , thermostat controlled air cleaner.

There is a small loose hose that I cant figuer it out where it goes.

You can see it in the picture with the yellow arrow.

This hose, comes from the bottom of the exhaust system. First it is a metal hose, then it has a flexible elbow and ends with rubber.
Not shown on this picture, hiding behind the Carb, there is a small pivot on the top of the exhaust system. The hose fits there, but I'm affraid to connect it there and make thing worse.

Where does this hose should be connected to?

As long as it isn't connected to anything that has vacuum, you should be able to get rid of it. If it does have vacuum in it, it needs to be capped.

By the way, your engine is too clean. Pour a quart of old oil over it so it looks right.:D

By the way, your engine is too clean. Pour a quart of old oil over it so it looks right.:D[/QUOTE]
:laugh: thats awesome I was wondering how he had such a clean motor....that hose connects to your air cleaner it is supposed to close the small door in the air cleaner to draw hot air from the exhaust on cold mornings to assist the engine in warming up...almost useless in Mexico...the spring on the exhaust controls a flap door in the pipe fix it open its useless down there... it is supposed to help on cold mornings :cool:

Thank you for the info? As per the cleaninness of the engine, it's because I have the car since late march and it has been in the woods only once? Ill send you a picture in a couple of months.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom