Howell Throttle Body Injection Conversion

Howell Throttle Body Injection Conversion

TCs CJ7

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'86 Laredo, I6/T5, 300, D30 Front / original D44 Trac-Loc Rear
My original carb. and ECM have gone the way of 80's music on my '86 7. My engine has no power, no idle, doesn't like to start, and has a very healthy appetite for gas. I am seriously looking at Howell's throttle body injection. For those of you who installed the Howell TBI system, are you pleased with it? Did you run into any installation problems? I was also wondering what kind hurdles you experienced with your state DMV departments when it came time to pass an inspection and smog test with the conversion. Thanks!

I have a Howell TBI but it's on a chevy 350 that was carbed. The install was easy and straight forward. I have to say it's one of the best things I ever did for the jeep.
There are others here that have done it on the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l so I'll let them chime in now.

The DMV won't give you to much :dung: Howell usually comes with paperwork to help with that. Even with a basic tune it runs 100% better than stock.

im new to this site but im pretty excited about a cj only site!!i did the Howell conversion on my 85 CJ7 with the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l it runs great now the best thing ive done yet. the instructions are very indepth you can read through them on the howell site.the onlything that gave me problems were the little plastic vac line connecters i broke atleast a dozen before i got it right.im only a shade tree guy.and down here in Ga we dont have emissions but i went ahead and spent the extra 100$ for the Cali legal incase Ga ever goes green. let me know if u have anymore questions.good luck

i thought about it some more and the only other problem i had i was when i first put the electric fuel pump in i put it where the instructions said but when i revved it wasnt getting enough fuel so i had to move the fuel pump closer to the TBI and my problem was solved.dslywalker what air cleaner are you running? the only one i could find was the 6 1/2in round mr gasket paper filter im looking for an upgrade in the future thanks.

Top link is a install link with air cleaner pic on 3rd page.
2nd link is the housing and filter
3rd link is the spacers required for install of air cleaner to throttle body
Price is deceiving but its not bad for the money.Shipping is the worst part.You might find the spacers at a parts house too.Its a Spectre 4950 part number:chug:
Mike

Howell TBI Throttle Body Fuel Injection Installation Jeep CJ Emissions

88-95 CHEVY TAHOE SUBURBAN TBI AIR INTAKE 89 90 91: eBay Motors (item 320585469899 end time Oct-03-10 13:56:09 PDT)

Spectre 4950 Spectre Air Cleaners & Lids

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom