I dont get it

I dont get it

DIG

Jeeper
Thanks
ok so I put a new water pump from quadratec on the jeep and now the pully is rubbing with the crank pully.......any thoughts on why this would happen?

What part number did you get from QT?

I know the pulleys are very close together, are you positive that the pulley is seated all the way against the flange?

ok so I put a new water pump from quadratec on the jeep and now the pully is rubbing with the crank pully.......any thoughts on why this would happen?

There is a batch of BAD PUMPS out there right now, and you are not the only one this has happened to.
Call QuadraTech and tell them what's happening, and that you have seen posts where this has happened to others, and they will probably break down and send you one that works...

What part number did you get from QT?

I know the pulleys are very close together, are you positive that the pulley is seated all the way against the flange?

Can't seat against the flange because the PULLEY IS HITTING THE PUMP!

As in hitting the pump before seating...

ok so I put a new water pump from quadratec on the jeep and now the pully is rubbing with the crank pully

Can't seat against the flange because the PULLEY IS HITTING THE PUMP!

As in hitting the pump before seating...
Two different scenarios, he never stated that the pulley was contacting the pump...

If it is hitting the pump before seating and causing the pulley to not seat against the flange then as you stated (most likely the case), contact the vendor.

If it is not hitting the pump then check to make sure it is seated flat against the flange and not cocked on the pilot shaft.

You are right, I didn't get to the "Crank Pulley" part... I get as far as NEW WATER PUMP and RUBBING, and I've seen that problem before... How in the world would putting a new water pump on have your water pump pulley rubbing the crank pulley!? ----------------------------------------------- Everyone else is warrantying the bad batch of pumps on the aftermarket except for a couple of the mail order places in Fla, and 'Parts Giant' in California. Parts Giant has a pretty bad reputation anyway, so I don't use them for ANYTHING anymore! The pumps simply have too short a shaft in them for the Jeep pulleys. I don't know about QuadraTech yet, this is the first one from there I know about. You can get that very same pump from your local Advance Auto much cheaper, and it will have the updated shaft in it. As far as I know, Advance is the only parts retailer to send back the entire batch, Instead of seeing if they are going in AMC cars or on Jeep engines... Someone told me the name of the company that exported the pumps for rebuild, and imported the finished product back to the US, but this is what you get when you send the jobs 'Off Shore'!

Last edited:
Bah! Chinese Walmart specials... :biggun:

I have no idea how the pulley's would be rubbing, maybe the got the height offset wrong on the damn pumps also! :(

I will check to make sure it is seated correctly, but no the pully isnt rubbing the flange, it binding on the crank pully........:confused:

Hey DIG,
Thanks for this post! I'm going to replace my water pump soon. Now I know to watch out for this!
I'm sorry it happened to you! but thanks for sharing!
I hope you get it worked out!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks