I need an engine!

CJ

Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Well, I have known this day would come for may years. Actually it came a few months ago but now I'm making it official.

The 390 I have in my CJ is being repossessed... :D Not really, I acquired the engine may years ago from a friend who has 70 AMX. He parted out the car due to money problems and I bought the engine. Being a friend I told him that if he ever wanted the engine back to put the car together it would be his again. Well, the car is almost restored and I plan on keeping my word... I'm keeping all the go fast goodies I have added over the years but the remainder will go back to his beautiful AMX.

So, I still have the original AMC 304 in a corner of my garage but I really want a 401... I need your all's help! Find me a 401! :D

Humbly and respectfully ... CJ! :D

As soon aas I find me one, your next in line! :)

OK since I cant afford one right now, I will look for one for ya.
Price range? within what driving distance? condition wanted?
I can go get any one within the area around here, if you wanna pay for it.

As soon aas I find me one, your next in line! :)

OK since I cant afford one right now, I will look for one for ya.
Price range? within what driving distance? condition wanted?
I can go get any one within the area around here, if you wanna pay for it.
Oklahoma is a little far from Georgia... I would prefer one within 8 hrs dring time...

that one in OKC is less than 10 miles from my Mother-in-laws house. you make the deal and I will get it for ya!

Just got off of the phone with the 'stoner' in OK... Engine is sold. Posted from my CrackBerry.

bummer! I'll keep looking for ya

How close are you to waycross, ga?
Head south east past walmart, on the 1, there will be a junk yard
on the left, not to far down the road. I can't remember the name of the place,
I'm sure the old boy is in the book, there is also one not far from that on the right side of the road.

I'm about 1 hr and 45 min from Waycross... You wouldn't happen to know the name of the yard would you? I can give them a call!

A & B Auto Parts - more info »
3411 Memorial Dr, Waycross, GA‎ - (912) 285-1776‎

Google maps kick <-BAD WORD->!
I couldn't remember the name so I street viewed it an BAM there it was, LOL. If you go check out the car the old boy has in the barn. :eek:
OH check the yard on the other side of the road also, A&B tends to be kinda pricey depending on his mood that day, LOL.

you find a 401 yet?

Nope, found a great app that lets me search Craigs list by state, city, location or any combination. I search every day for one near me. So far - no go - but I'm optimistic!

what one is that? I use crazedlist.org, but it is Limited for narrow regional searches.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks