i need fuel hose routing pictures

i need fuel hose routing pictures

biohazard cj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 cj 5
if anyone has pitcures of where the fuel line/hoses are routed in the back of their CJ5 (i have a 78) perferably axle back..

CJ i know you will read this, i am yet again have fuel psi problems and it looks like im getting a kinked or pinched. i know you have a holley tbi kit like mine just newer, do you have any pics onn how you routed the fuel lines and hoses from mid truck back perferably where the cross member where the tank is. ?

When I tore my CJ apart I didn't keep any of the fuel lines. I'm running new ones so I don't have any pictures... :(

I would say passenger side so you could come up on the side away from the exhaust manifold.:cool:

I guess you blew through the lines and you know you have a kink??:confused:

dang! :bang:

well do you remmeber how and where you ran your lines?? what side of the truck, to the tank?

Take a look at this picture. No fuel lines to the top of the tank. I ran braided SS lines as a duel pickup welded to the bottom of the tank up the RH frame rail. The return down the same rail but dumped fuel filler opening. I'm going with standard SS hard lines this time (not braided) and will be using a modified pickup (larger pickup tube). I'll put the return line back into the fuel filler tube. I bought a new tank as my old one was getting pretty rusty.

left_over_mud.jpg

I also used a Holley Blue pump (it was already on my CJ before I purchased the FI.

attachment.php

Braided fuel line routing (also left over before I bought the FI).

attachment.php

attachment.php

I would say passenger side so you could come up on the side away from the exhaust manifold.:cool:
Manifolds... :)

Attachments

• IMG00072-20090303-1728.jpg
    IMG00072-20090303-1728.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 3,051
  • IMG00073-20090303-1728.jpg
    IMG00073-20090303-1728.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,847
  • IMG00074-20090303-1729.jpg
    IMG00074-20090303-1729.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,312
Take a look at this picture. No fuel lines to the top of the tank. I ran braided SS lines as a duel pickup welded to the bottom of the tank up the RH frame rail. The return down the same rail but dumped fuel filler opening. I'm going with standard SS hard lines this time (not braided) and will be using a modified pickup (larger pickup tube). I'll put the return line back into the fuel filler tube. I bought a new tank as my old one was getting pretty rusty.

left_over_mud.jpg

I also used a Holley Blue pump (it was already on my CJ before I purchased the FI.

attachment.php

Braided fuel line routing (also left over before I bought the FI).

attachment.php

attachment.php

Manifolds... :)

sorry, I have AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l tattoed on the brain.:cool:

thank you guys
that did help out tomorow i hope to fix it so i have some good psi again,, i gotta find a new fuel pump also, cheepest one i found was 145

you wouldnt happen to know if anyone has one of those fuel pumps around? i need to try to get one i think. another posibility is and tell me what you think.. now the instructions for the kit says to mount the pump near or lower the the bottom of the tank. the pump is screwed down on the crossmember over the REAR end so you think it might have a syphoning problem?? would a check valve help that if thtas the case????

I don't know of anyone who has the fuel pump around but Holley does make a replacement one - they can be bought from Summit. --> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-12-927/

As for being below the tank - that is what is always recommended but very hard to do. I 'm going to try and mount mine between the skid plate and the tank - not sure if I'll be able to do that though so I'm sure it will be higher.

question guys. the pump that holley fuel injection kits have run a 43 gph at 15psi (some are 18) now a local speed shop says a pump capible of 100gph at 80psi will still work with tbi set up, because the regulator in the tbi will keep it at 15psi. is this true.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom