identify my transmission

identify my transmission

jamie

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76 cj 5 360, 999 tranny and dana 300 transfer case, dana 44 rear and dana 30 front diff
i have a 76 CJ5 i just got. the previous owner claims it has a 360, but i have no idea. i also dont know what kind of automatic Transmission it has. i got some numbers off of the case, on the drivers side just above the pan. here are the numbers. 8933000917 8657 8542. anyone have any ideas? it looks like a 727, but i cant tell what year or if its even a 727. please help

I checked out another thread and by the # you posted it is most likely a torqueflite 999- came stock in some C.J.s if I am wrong I'm sure someone will chime in-

Bush

is the 999 supposed to have a kick down cable? cause i dont have one

Ii suggest you go to the Novak adapters website and do some research
we are not there at the jeep to identify it, you are, and all the info you need is on Novak, unless it is not a Jeep tranny

But not in 76. This Transmission mustve been swapped in. a 999 should have a kickdown cable yes.
I checked out another thread and by the # you posted it is most likely a torqueflite 999- came stock in some C.J.s
Bush

i think its a 904, but i dont know where to cross reference the numbers to make sure. anyone know a website that i can check casting numbers?

I posted up a site in my earlier post

i looked on novak's website, but couldnt find any number cross reference

novak has a place to identify each tranny

Im not sure on the Transmission , but if you want to ID the engine it is stamped on the block. The AMC 304 and 360 block are the same on the outside, so the best way to id is to loof for the casting stamped on the block. It will have 360 stamped on it if thats what it really is

according to the part number you posted, 8933000917, it is a 999, 1983 and later, and was used originally in a six cylinder application, per the Jeep books.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom