inline 6 motor mounts?

inline 6 motor mounts?

wrangler rider

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
95 wrangler with 88 4.2 carbed with puguetoe(?) 5spd both fresh rebuilds, spring over, 3inch body, spring arched 2 inches and stiffened, 10 inches of total lift on 36inch tsls 8k mile marker winch, ect.
1969 dodge charger rt se 440, 727 torqueflite 3.55 suregrip with 8 3/4 axle, everyone is making her a headache for me but i love her 1000xs more then my jeep
2005 dodge 3500 cummins 6speed dually work truck, not mine
I have a '95 4 banger 5speed wrangler and I'm close to dumping in my "new" inline 6 auto. Does anyone know where the motor mounts go for a inline 6 motors? or an easy way to figure it out?
thanks

I have a '95 4 banger 5speed wrangler and I'm close to dumping in my "new" inline 6 auto. Does anyone know where the motor mounts go for a inline 6 motors? or an easy way to figure it out?
thanks

Well now that you tell use to have a 4 banger... I can tell you, you have 4:10 gears in there.

The 6 cly. mounts should line up with the holes in the frame.:confused:

thats a good idea but wrangler have welded mounts

thats a good idea but wrangler have welded mounts

Sorry I'm not a yj guy.
I guess you'll have to do what I did with my weld in mounts for my sbc. Possition the engine where you want it and weld them in, if they're not already in the right place.

thanks but i need a more for sure answer other wise i may get screwd with the whole tranny and drive shafts and clearence and shi-stuff you know what i mean?
and i need to know if i can reuse the old motor mounts from the cheerokkee or wrangler

anybody else?

OK. you asked for it.
My understanding from a bunch of knowledgeable people is that the easiest way to change a 4 cyl. wrangler to a 6 cyl. Wrangler is to sell the 4 cyl. and buy a 6 cyl.
That said, I'll try to help what I can.To figure out where the new mounts will go, visit your local wrecking yard and measure one. Or find one in a parking lot somewhere and wait for the owner to show up and ask him to pop his/her hood.
Or set the engine, tranny/TC in the frame. Put the old rear driveshaft (or find one from a 6 cyl. wrangler to use) up in place to locate the setup, then see if you can fit the engine in place with all clearances accounted for. If so, tack the new mounts down. Then remove the engine and weld the mounts solid. If not, that wil give you a starting point to adjust things till they fit.

alrighty thank you i just wanted one more answer before i do it, and can i reuse the old mounts from the cheerokee or 4cly? and do you think that from the vavle cover to the tire wall is a sure enough measure for it?
thanks again

I have no idea if you can re-use the mounts off any of them, I don't know what they look like. I'd try and use the rubber mounts from whatever yo got the engine from, and make the stands from scratch.
As for measuring from the tire wall...(Ok, I understand you meant Firewall..spell-check is a wonderful thing), you need to take into account clearances for many things:
valve cover to Firewall
exhaust routing
oil pan clearance (and at full suspension stuff also!)
starter (maybe not so much with a 6 cyl)
steering linkage
steering shaft
Fan to radiator
fan to front crossmember
Air cleaner to hood
air cleaner to brake components (booster and/or MC)
among other things I cant think of right now

Also, you need to make sure the engine is at the correct angle (pull the carb and lay a level on the flat surface - it isn't flat like you'd think) and straight in the frame.
Most engines will sit 1 or 2 inches to the driver's side to allow for front driveshaft clearance. But go too much and you will hit the steering shaft!

Hope these little bits help you a little, But the best thing is to find one and do a lot of measuring and note-taking! No reason to try and re-invent the wheel!

thanks bud
wouldnt i want the engine to the pas. side to clear the drive shaft?

thanks bud
wouldnt i want the engine to the pas. side to clear the drive shaft?

HHmm...could be! I don't know much about the newer stuff, but at least it'll be in your head when you go to place the engine. :)

hey, I know!! just JB weld it!!:laugh:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom