Input shaft seal replacement

Input shaft seal replacement

Out of my mind CJ5

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
74 CJ5
scrap built CJ7
I need to replace the Transmission input shaft seal on my T-15 , has anybody done this or know how to do it? i have searched the internet but cant find how to do it to this Transmission . Thanks in advance

All manual Transmission seals are about the same, so replacing the seal should be simple. I pulled the old seal out. Using a screw driver, carefully put it at about a 45 degree angle to the edge of the seal pointing it towards the center of the hole where the shaft goes through. Very carefully hit it with a mallet so that the seal comes away from the edge of the housing. Do not hit the edge of the housing with the screwdriver and scratch it. If you do there will be a leak around the outside of the seal. Once the seal is away from the edge, grab it with a pliers and carefully pull it out.
To put the new one back in. place it on the top edge of the groove for the seal, put the flat end of a socket (the side that goes on to the rachet) on the seal and tap it evenly into the seat. be careful not to dent up the seal. If your seal is the same as the T-150 , it should be in the front bearing cap.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom