intake gasket ?

intake gasket ?

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
im getting ready to put my hedman header and clifford intake on my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . my ? is when i ordered my header gasket it didnt come with a intake gasket. do i still need to run a intake gasket. i do have a extra felpro one but i just thought id ask first. not use to doing intake/exhaust gaskets on a inline.

Use both gaskets that came with the felpro set. Also a little bit of the blue permatex thread locker (medium strength) helps keep the bolts tight, preventing future vac leaks.

Drooooid...2

are you saying use the exhaust gasket, header gasket, and the intake gasket? i got a real header gasket from hedman.

When I swapped heads and went to the 4.0 manifold, I just ran the single gasket without adding a second gasket on top of it for the intake. No leaks so far. Knock on wood.....

i just checked the header gasket. its the same thickness all acrossed it. so i will put the felpro intake gasket on with the header gasket. thanks guys :chug:

well i started to put it back together today but then a dam storm came. i hate not having a garage :mad:

well i got it running :D now i have to wait for the wife to get home from work to take it for a drive.

You have to take a video, I want to hear this thing now headbang.png

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom