Intake manifold and Carburetor Upgrade

Intake manifold and Carburetor Upgrade

Orionarms82

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1975 Jeep CJ-5 (304)
Hi All! I'm looking to upgrade the intake manifold and carburetor in my '75 CJ5 AMC 304 . Can you guys share some of the results and suggestions that you may have from your experience? I just sold my '79 CJ today, and this cash is burning a hole in my pocket to do some much needed upgrades on my other one (without throwing the money away on unneeded stuff).

Also, (this is off topic) This Jeep has a fiberglass body on it and I hate the way it looks without a roll bar. Does anyone know of a good way to mount one to a non steel / non reinforced body (it is really only going to be cosmetic). Thanks!

Hi All! I'm looking to upgrade the intake manifold and carburetor in my '75 CJ5 AMC 304 . Can you guys share some of the results and suggestions that you may have from your experience? I just sold my '79 CJ today, and this cash is burning a hole in my pocket to do some much needed upgrades on my other one (without throwing the money away on unneeded stuff).

Also, (this is off topic) This Jeep has a fiberglass body on it and I hate the way it looks without a roll bar. Does anyone know of a good way to mount one to a non steel / non reinforced body (it is really only going to be cosmetic). Thanks!
I added an Edelbrock Performer intake onto my 401 and have been happy with it. the weight difference alone...
I ran a Quadrajet on top of that, but unless you know these carbs, be carefull. They are hit or miss...they either run great or are garbage. Once again, I had good luck.

I installed a fiberglass body on my 79 CJ and I have my roll bar tied into the body mount bolts that go to the frame on the two lower bars behind the seats. I plan to build a couple brackets with pads on the top for the rear mounts this spring. They'll tie the rear mounts into the frame. I'll be welding the lower end of a piece of square tubing to the frame at the back of the wheel wells, and at they top they'll have pads about an inch under the wheel well to allow room for rubber bushings to reduce vibration and avoid cracking the glass. I'm running a roll bar from a YJ, but the later CJ roll bars that go all the wat to the floor behind the seats will work just the same, and it might save your arse in a crash!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom