intake manifold and heater hose

intake manifold and heater hose

alaskaviper

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 6 cyl. with Howell TBI kit, TF 727 transmission Dana 300 twin stick, 2.5" suspension, 1" body lift, currently under repairs,
99 TJ, 6 cyl., 4" suspension lift on 33s
Ok so when I bought my jeep the previous owner had removed the heater. The heater hose are now hooked up so the water outlet runs to the water pump. And the other heater hose is running from the front of the intake to the back of the intake.

I believe this is ran wrong. shouldn't it be water outlet to front of intake, back of intake to water pump? Is there a way to make sure manifold isn't leaking without taking it off?

Im running a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with TBI kit.

Ok so when I bought my jeep the previous owner had removed the heater. The heater hose are now hooked up so the water outlet runs to the water pump. And the other heater hose is running from the front of the intake to the back of the intake.

I believe this is ran wrong. shouldn't it be water outlet to front of intake, back of intake to water pump? Is there a way to make sure manifold isn't leaking without taking it off?

Im running a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with TBI kit.
You are correct. The normal configuration would have the pump outlet going to the heater core and the return line going to the back of the intake....so taking the core out of the equation would mean water pump to rear of intake.

If your manifold is leaking you will most likely be puffing white smoke from your exhaust as the coolant burns off.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom