Intake manifold wire

Intake manifold wire

alaskaviper

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 6 cyl. with Howell TBI kit, TF 727 transmission Dana 300 twin stick, 2.5" suspension, 1" body lift, currently under repairs,
99 TJ, 6 cyl., 4" suspension lift on 33s
So I was fixing some items on my Jeep I just bought. It is an 83 CJ7 with a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and has a howell TBI. I took the intake manifold off and on the bottom there is a wire that is cut. I can't figure out where it goes to. Also what is the peice that the wire is attached to?

5969d1311469245-intake-manifold-wire-amc-258-intake.jpg

Attachments

• amc 258 intake.jpg
    amc 258 intake.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 6,127
Last edited by a moderator:
That goes to what I like to call the intake heater?? If you look straight down into the intake you will see some long prongs standing up. I can only guess that those heat up to help with the fuel burning.. or it may also be some weird crude intake air temp thing.. either way I ripped my wire out when I did the nutter bypass and it runs fine now. The plate just holds the prongy peice in.. IF you really want to hook it back up I can get you a pic of the wire if its still in my harness.

Thats what I was thinking but ome other stuff i looked up howed the heater somewhere else. My intake has the wire cut off at the intake and i think the PO did the nutter bypass when they did the TBI kit. So maybe thats why its cut. That picture was one i found just for referance purposes. Thanks, I guess I won't worry about it.

I may be wrong but if your running a TBI conversion I think the nutter has to be done. The nutter circumvents the stock computer for the CJ.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom