Is She On All Fours ???

Is She On All Fours ???

Jroch

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 1985 CJ, 2006 E250
I installed my new front drive shaft tonight and tried it out on the road I don't think all four are grabing? I can not feel any difference in the wheel when if 4wd. I don't think it's that smooth in 4wd:confused: Even in my 07 Yota I can tell when it's in 4wd.

So heres what I did but am at a loss

Put Transfer in -N- unlocked hubs by hand I could turn Front Shaft
Locked Hubs Transfer in -N- could not turn Shaft "Hubs Are Locking"
Unlocked Hubs put transfer in -4H- could not turn front drive shaft "Transfer is Locking"
Left transfer in -4H- Position locked hubs, started jeep and drove doesn't feel like it's in 4wd? no noises, no poping, made a tight turn no binding. I don't think it's locking in 4wd any ideas?

Go to a dirt road and floor it! (don't worry about pavement)

Seriously - then stop and look at the marks... :)

Go to a dirt road and floor it! (don't worry about pavement)

Seriously - then stop and look at the marks... :)

Easier said then done LOL I live in FL. have you forgotten they have paved the entire state LOL

I would really think that on a Jeep I would feel it and then some, there is a place I think I can try down the road. Give it a whirl and see what we got

I'm originally from Fl! Just moved nine years ago... :) Lived in O Town for 36 before that... There is always a dirt road. :)

If you don't have a posi or LS in the front diff - driving in 4wd may feel just like 2wd... :)

One sure way to know is to take the rear driveshaft out and see if she moves.:chug:

One sure way to know is to take the rear driveshaft out and see if she moves.:chug:

LMAO You are absolutely correct!!!!! Never even thought of that "slap to the forehead"

I'm originally from Fl! Just moved nine years ago... :) Lived in O Town for 36 before that... There is always a dirt road. :)

If you don't have a posi or LS in the front diff - driving in 4wd may feel just like 2wd... :)

We may be moving up your way "GA" the wife has an interview first week of December up there? Not sure how thrilled I am about moving up there though, mainly cause I don't know much about it. But thats another thread LOL

I installed my new front drive shaft tonight and tried it out on the road I don't think all four are grabing? I can not feel any difference in the wheel when if 4wd. I don't think it's that smooth in 4wd:confused: Even in my 07 Yota I can tell when it's in 4wd.

So heres what I did but am at a loss

Put Transfer in -N- unlocked hubs by hand I could turn Front Shaft
Locked Hubs Transfer in -N- could not turn Shaft "Hubs Are Locking"
Unlocked Hubs put transfer in -4H- could not turn front drive shaft "Transfer is Locking"
Left transfer in -4H- Position locked hubs, started jeep and drove doesn't feel like it's in 4wd? no noises, no poping, made a tight turn no binding. I don't think it's locking in 4wd any ideas?

go through everything before the "started Jeep" part with the front axle on stands.:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom