It's time for this effin motor to go.

It's time for this effin motor to go.

Jroch

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 1985 CJ, 2006 E250
Last week I flushed out the cooling system and filled with Anti-Freeze mix. Apparantly the Anti-Freeze has done it's job and disolved all the rust in the system, the bad part is most of the rust was what was keeping the water in the motor.

Today I go out to the Jeep and just kinda looking and puttering, when I notice coolent on the passenger floor board, Dammit heater core is leaking no biggie I pop the hood to bypass the heater core. and find coolent leaking out of the water neck, the water pump, and one of the freeze plugs. :censored:

So with that said and all the other issues with finding parts etc. the motor has to go I have had it with it. I think I am going to go the 350 route with it, i really wanted to keep with AMC but just not worth the headaches, Crate 350's are cheap enough, just have to get an adaptor.

So the plan is to take the jeep out next weekend and feed it a HOT SUPPER,:D Bring it home and start spending money on new parts

just remember with a 350 your goin to spend alot of $$$ for adaptors, motor mounts, radiator, etc ect. you can drop in a AMC 304 , 360, 390, 401 for alot less $$$ and use the extra $$$ for goodies for those engines.

just remember with a 350 your goin to spend alot of $$$ for adaptors, motor mounts, radiator, etc ect. you can drop in a AMC 304 , 360, 390, 401 for alot less $$$ and use the extra $$$ for goodies for those engines.

I just found this on craigs list 88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 4x4 Project or Parts $850 obo If it'[s still available I might go take a look at it and grab it. Might be a good oportunity to up grade some of the drive train??

What ever way you go I would say look for a used motor with EFI and get the wireing harness with it. A 350 will cost more than a 4.o with the adapters you will need, but a v8 is a lot of fun.

Ok now that I have calmed down some from yesterdays frustrations and thought a little more rationally about things:rolleyes: Heres what I am think and thought I would bounce it off ya. Thinking about buying a crate 360, I just need to find out if the bell housing and Transmission will bolt up. I have a 343 in it now :confused: any thoughts

If your talking a Dodge crate 360, not it won't.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom