I've got a leaking HUB...WTF

derekcj5

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5 AMC304 T150 Dana 30/Aussie Locker Model 20/Trac Lock

1941 Willy's MB
ok... so ive got full floating warn axles in the rear with warn lockouts like we talked about before... what could possibly be leaking from the cap of the lockout (you know, where the 6 little allens are, the last piece to bolt on)???? is there supposed to be an o ring inside? Because to me there shouldnt be anything inside TO LEAK. I dont get it... It feels like really light oil. similar to brake fluid. Could this be it somehow? I havent the time to tinker with it today, or the resources, it will have to wait til tomorrw... The jackass PO siliconed it right up, just like he "fixed" the valve cover leak, and "fixed" the oil pan leak... Just noticed it.... the drum looks dry when viewed from the backside

I forget which hubs you have on the rear, it they look like the ones on the front they don't have an O ring, if they are the later model with kind of a rounded cap they do have an O ring. If that is where the oil is coming from. I am not going to suggest more until you isolate the origin of the oil. :cool: It may be as simple as checking the oil level in the differential.

ok... so ive got full floating warn axles in the rear with warn lockouts like we talked about before... what could possibly be leaking from the cap of the lockout (you know, where the 6 little allens are, the last piece to bolt on)???? is there supposed to be an o ring inside? Because to me there shouldnt be anything inside TO LEAK. I dont get it... It feels like really light oil. similar to brake fluid. Could this be it somehow? I havent the time to tinker with it today, or the resources, it will have to wait til tomorrw... The jackass PO siliconed it right up, just like he "fixed" the valve cover leak, and "fixed" the oil pan leak... Just noticed it.... the drum looks dry when viewed from the backside

there are pictures posted on here of them in my gallery... what do you think?

and if in fact, there is no o ring...where could this and what could this be?

those have O rings, or at least they are supposed to. I am thinking a Hub rebuild kit from Warn may be in order. I would check the oil level before pulling the cap off, if it over full it will make a hell of a mess at the end of the axle.

there are pictures posted on here of them in my gallery... what do you think?

alright cool ill do that immediately... ill let you all know the answer to the problem when i figure this one out...

alright cool ill do that immediately... ill let you all know the answer to the problem when i figure this one out...
The only thing I can think of that could confuse things is that they are on the float axle. Go direct to Warn for parts and information, they have a pretty good web site.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom