Jeep 208 to 700R4

Jeep 208 to 700R4

mprem

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ 7
Does any one know if you can take the input out of a Chev 208 or a np241 and put it in the Jeep 208 to make it a 27 spline input so it'll mate up to the 700R4. It's all going under an 83 CJ7 , with a SBC conversion. From what I can find on it they were used in the full size Cherokee's and the J trucks so holding up to a stock 350 shouldn't be too bad and with 33" tire it should live a healthy life.

Any info on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Mike

Hello mprem and welcome to the site! :chug:

I'm not positive about swapping the input shaft on the 208 (though I think it would be OK), but I have seen t he output shaft swapped on the 700r4 to 23 splines.

Do you have all the parts yet or are you just shopping? What about a GM NP205 to the 700r4? That should bolt right up.

Can you give us some more info ion what you have and are looking for... :)

Thanks. I already have the Jeep 208, and a 241 that was mated to the 700R4. I made a few phone calls to some friends and one had an old Chev 208 out of his Blazer. So I got ambitious and tore it apart to find out that there's almost nothing in common between the two. If I was going to use a 205 it'd have to be out of a Ford because I'm running narrow track Wagoneer Dana 44 's for more strength. My goal is to be able to go out mudding with the rest of the guys on the weekend and still be able to get to work with it on Monday. Maybe one day get up to 37's, 4.56's, lockers front and rear, chromoly axles, and all with a bare minimum amount of lift.

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks