Lets see if anyone knows

Lets see if anyone knows

DIG

Jeeper
Thanks
right now I have a 78 CJ5 with AMC 304 T-150 /Dana 20 .....I am swapping in a T-176 /Dana 300 ...my question is does anyone happen to know what length driveshafts I will need??? I dont trust myself to measure them......Thanks :notworthy:

Might be some one who knows but I would always measure them. It's easy and painless. Who are you getting to make the shafts? Some manufactures measure the length differently. Usually, center to center...

load the suspension as per a normal day (1/2 tank fuel, spare parts carried, passengers...ect.). then measure center to center of the U-joint cap cups on the yolks. Pretty easy to do.

ON a side note. I've always heard a Dana 300 is a tight fit on a CJ5 . Make sure you will have enough driveshaft length for your suspension travel when all is said and done. Might have to go with a long spline/CV joint unit to make it work correct.

Im not sure what year it is (82?) but there was a short output that you want for a CJ5 . Im working on this myself and will let you know what I come up with.

Awesome thanks for the help fellas and PETESCJ if you find out which driveshaft it is, please let me know...:notworthy:

Not sure yet!! Umm really have no where to store it

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom