sapulpa cj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1990 dodge dakota
1992 jeep cherokee
1978 cj-7
2000 zrx1100 streetbike
can someone here help identify this carb?

it is marked 1.08 on the bowl and has a 8FFA on the base plate.

there is also a number BDI2 A7L2 on the tag.

i got lucky and found this in a shed at a local bone yard and am wondering if it will work ok on my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l ?

any help will be appreciated before i start throwin money at this swap.

thanks in advance.

mc2100004.jpg

mc2100003.jpg

mc2100002.jpg

mc2100001.jpg

mc2100005.jpg

Last edited:
That almost looks like the stock MC2100 that came on a AMC 304 , I might just be able to dig you up a p/n for a rebuild kit for it that includes a new choke pull-off and everything

that would be great,thanks.

also were can i get a manual chock kit for this?

i am ol' fashioned and just like havin a chock knob :D

The two sites that I added to my last post will help you out with most of the parts you need. NAPA went and completely changed their website, I can't find a gawd forsaken thing now :bang:

I'll keep digging for a rebuild kit for that thing, I may still have a couple of websites saved that can help identify exactly which vehicle that carb came off from.

As for the manual choke, any auto parts store sells manual choke conversion kits for $20 or less.

Dorman CHOKE CONVERSION KITS AUTOMATIC-TO-MANUAL - JCWhitney

That almost looks like the stock MC2100 that came on a AMC 304 , I might just be able to dig you up a p/n for a rebuild kit for it that includes a new choke pull-off and everything

edit: I didn't really answer your question, yes that will work perfectly. Here's a couple of links to help you out for parts

Ford Motorcraft 2100 2150 2 barrel carburetor Parts Page

Ford Autolite Motorcraft

The two sites that I added to my last post will help you out with most of the parts you need. NAPA went and completely changed their website, I can't find a gawd forsaken thing now :bang:

I'll keep digging for a rebuild kit for that thing, I may still have a couple of websites saved that can help identify exactly which vehicle that carb came off from.

As for the manual choke, any auto parts store sells manual choke conversion kits for $20 or less.

Dorman CHOKE CONVERSION KITS AUTOMATIC-TO-MANUAL - JCWhitney

thanks again,carb parts.com looks like a great place to get parts/kits:chug:

still cannot find the numbers on this tag anyplace on there?????

Isn't there a number on the little metal tag held on by a screw on the top of the bowl??

Once again Elwood, You da man.:cool:

Isn't there a number on the little metal tag held on by a screw on the top of the bowl??

Once again Elwood, You da man.:cool:

i put the number from the tag on the original post...........................chris

yep, you sure did. :eek:

I don't know how to read this number but it is what the parts house asks for when you buy the kit. I wonder why it does not show up on this page?:cool:

i put the number from the tag on the original post...........................chris

I have to admit it was getting late last night and I gave up. I'll have to look again when I get home from work, there is a site, and I think it was Canadian based, that would tell you exactly what the numbers on the tag stood for.

BDI2 A7L2

The first four numbers had to do with what make, model and year of vehicle it was on. BDI not sure, but the 2 probably means 1972. Then the second four numbers are for the carburetor itself. I'll dig around a little more tonight when I get home. I'll find it...

I know right??? What were they thinking??

I knew I'd find it: Carburetor Rebuild Kits, Carburetor Restoration, Manuals, Floats, Chokes, Choke Pull Offs and Parts

I've ordered parts from them before, they took a little longer because the parts have to clear customs first, but it was good quality stuff.

Ford Carburetor Numerical Index
Ford carburetor numbers came in several series. Starting in the late 1950's they usually consist of an alphanumeric code. The first letter of the number represents the decade and the next number is the year. So, C9AF means 1969, D9AF means 1979 and so on.

I haven't been able to find BDI2 A7L2, can you take a close-up picture of the tag?

I knew I'd find it: Carburetor Rebuild Kits, Carburetor Restoration, Manuals, Floats, Chokes, Choke Pull Offs and Parts

I've ordered parts from them before, they took a little longer because the parts have to clear customs first, but it was good quality stuff.

Ford Carburetor Numerical Index
Ford carburetor numbers came in several series. Starting in the late 1950's they usually consist of an alphanumeric code. The first letter of the number represents the decade and the next number is the year. So, C9AF means 1969, D9AF means 1979 and so on.

I haven't been able to find BDI2 A7L2, can you take a close-up picture of the tag?

i will try,really hard to read this tag.

brb.

i cant get a pic of it w/out too much glare on it.

tried w/out flash just sittin on the table with room light even.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

had to get my 14 year old to show me how to use this camera L.O.L.

try this.

tagoncarb003.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom