MC2100 Empty Float Bowl...stalling

MC2100 Empty Float Bowl...stalling

TrebleHook

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-7 with 1985 258/Ebay T-5/Dana 300 - twin sticks/AMC 20 Rear 3.73/Dana 30 Front 3.73/Alloy Wide Track Axles/2" Body Lift/Gremlins.....

More to follow....
The Circus strikes again....

Jeeps was running well then I had a little stall about a month ago. Pulled over, fired right up.

A few more stalls over the next couple weeks....pulled over, eventually fired up. Drove off fine.

On my way home -- to leave on vacation 11 days ago -- the Jeep craps out and won't start. Eventually got it home after changing out the accelerator pump, but that obviously wasn't the problem.

A little troubleshooting and I narrowed it down. When it stalls, I can pull the top off the carb and see EMPTY FLOAT BOWL. When it does start, its after cranking the engine over and (I figure) filling the float bowls.

Got home from vacation, drove it last night. Stalled. Changed out the fuel filter - ran like a top.

Crapped out at the gate to the base on the way to work this morning. Hottest day of the year BTW. What a nice time to stand in the sun and work on your Jeep when you are supposed to be at your job, eh? Miserable....

New mechanical fuel pump. Still stalling.

New needle and seat assembly (I happened to have a rebuild kit). Still stalling.

I was CERTAIN that it was the needle and seat assembly sticking...but there's no change.

Is the float AFU? How would I know?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks....

Cheers, :chug:
TrebleHook

Last time you rebuilt your carb, did you replace the float? Is the float plastic or brass?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom