Mc2100 high idle help!!!

Mc2100 high idle help!!!

86 CJ

Jeeper
Thanks
I have recently ditched the crappy carter on the CJ and went with the MC2100 rebuild kit and slapped it on, have all my vaccuum lines where they are suppose to be and still have a problem. I have 12V to the electric choke ( Ran a new one yesterday) It fires up great and the choke kicks in and 2 min later I hit the gas and it comes down off High Choke, but after warming up for 5 min down the road it never comes all the way down and wants to load up at stop lights at like 2500 Rpm:eek::eek:

Something is not letting the Choke open and the Arm Drop down near the choke? Any ideas?

Last edited:
If you disconnect the electric choke will it open all the way?? if so check the signal from the sensor. I can't remember if that is normally open or normally closed.

I have recently ditched the crappy carter on the CJ and went with the MC2100 rebuild kit and slapped it on, have all my vaccuum lines where they are suppose to be and still have a problem. I have 12V to the electric choke ( Ran a new one yesterday) It fires up great and the choke kicks in and 2 min later I hit the gas and it comes down off High Choke, but after warming up for 5 min down the road it never comes all the way down and wants to load up at stop lights at like 2500 Rpm:eek::eek:

Something is not letting the Choke open and the Arm Drop down near the choke? Any ideas?

there should be a screw in the linkage for your choke on the back part of the linkage. you need to turn it a little looser and the high idle will come down. you will have to mess with it for alittle bit to get it right. i think high idle should be 1500 if you have a tach.

Do you mean disconnect the power from the electric choke?? I though that was my problem yesterday when i was getting no power to it, but then ran new power to it?

Which screw should I be messing with, can you dind a pic?

Also the manual choke is still hooked up as well I think...Thats al controlled by vaccuum isnt it?

i dont have a good pic of it. maybe elwood or cj might be able to find a good pic. its hard to get to it with the carb on. what i do is reach behind the carb and move the throddle linkage and feel the choke linkage move and i just feel for the screw and turn it by hand. wish i could describe it better for you.

The electric choke receives a variable voltage from a temperature sensor so as the engine warms up it receives more or less voltage to warm a heater in the choke actuator. You lost me on the "still have manual choke". regular automatic chokes are controlled by manifold temp as far as I have seen , not vacuum.

The electric choke
Do you mean disconnect the power from the electric choke?? I though that was my problem yesterday when i was getting no power to it, but then ran new power to it?

Which screw should I be messing with, can you dind a pic?

Also the manual choke is still hooked up as well I think...Thats al controlled by vaccuum isnt it?

OK, well I have a 12V power source coming from my old Oil Pressure switch that gets 12V when the Ignition is on. I meant that the lines are still on for teh manual choke from the Manifold as well, not vaccuum..

i run a manule choke on mine so i dont have all the headache of a electric one.

How can I do away with the electric and make the manual Choke work?? I need to check my Thermostat too make sure it's working right.

you can just go to a parts store and pick up a manuel choke kit. it comes with everything you need. i work at advance auto and i think it is between 8 or 10 bucks. when it is cold you hold the gas to the floor and pull the choke all the way out and start it. once it is warmed up you just put the choke back in. kind of like a lawn mower.

you can just go to a parts store and pick up a manuel choke kit. it comes with everything you need. i work at advance auto and i think it is between 8 or 10 bucks. when it is cold you hold the gas to the floor and pull the choke all the way out and start it. once it is warmed up you just put the choke back in. kind of like a lawn mower.

So thats different then the two pump choke on the old Carter Carb?

ya on mine i pump 3 to 5 times, hold it to the floor, pull the choke all the way out and fire her up. let it warm up for a few minutes, push the choke back in, hit the gas to drop the choke cam and go.

The trick is to remember to push it back in when it is warm.:eek:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom