moser 1 piece axle problems

moser 1 piece axle problems
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj 7 258ci amc 20 moser 1 piece axles dana 30 front dana 20 transfer case 3 spd tranny
im having a problem with driver side axle burning up bearings ground down the spacer so bearing sticks out .30 still not helping 84 cj AMC20

What spacer? Mine just have the bearing and shrink sleeve. Also what is .30? If that is thousands of and inch then .30 is 3/10's which is a whole lot. Those bearings are balls and do not want any preload. They should be basically floating.

its 30 thousands the spacer came with the bearing kit from moser it had one in it before there tapered bearings

im having a problem with driver side axle burning up bearings ground down the spacer so bearing sticks out .30 still not helping 84 cj AMC20

The .030 sounds right, at least for my superior axles.(IIRC)
The only thing I can think of would be a bent tube or the lack of packing the bearing with good grease. (which I hope you did).
How long did the first bearing last?

Last edited:
i have it up on jack stands it runs for about 10 minutes and gets hot i packed it with grease im going to try taking the thrust block out i just got it in july first jeep ive owned if that doesnt help i think i will find another rear end if any body has any suggestions im all ears and eyes

Last edited:
I'm voting on your tube being bent but if you do take that one out the best swap would be a ford 9" rear. They are super tough but will require tube cutting and new shafts to fit.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom