suburban99

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7 304 V8
2011 Silverado 4x4
2004.5 Dodge Cummins Diesel
1997 Porsche Boxster
Hey all, recently bought a AMC 304 V8 CJ7 project. Has a brand new MSD distributor PN 8519, but has a motorcraft 12a199 spark module. The Jeep has not run with the new distributor as it is appears to be new (PO bought in 2009 gave me receipts) front cover was off, and I have re-installed most of the components, but how should I wire the distributor. Has a MSD coil as well. Do I need to buy the MSD series 6 control or can I use the 12a199 for now. I do not know if the motor has a knock or whatever so I want to get it started for cheap...

Hey all, recently bought a AMC 304 V8 CJ7 project. Has a brand new MSD distributor PN 8519, but has a motorcraft 12a199 spark module. The Jeep has not run with the new distributor as it is appears to be new (PO bought in 2009 gave me receipts) front cover was off, and I have re-installed most of the components, but how should I wire the distributor. Has a MSD coil as well. Do I need to buy the MSD series 6 control or can I use the 12a199 for now. I do not know if the motor has a knock or whatever so I want to get it started for cheap...

Go to MSD.com and download the manual for the distributor you have.

Hi

For now you can run with the motocraft module.
I run my AMC 360 with the MSD 8915, blaster coil 2 with the Motocraft module, when the MSD repairs my MSD 6al series. It' work great.

See the diagram that I prepared for this connection. The Jeep OEM module & motorcraft Module wiring it's the same. Light Blue in the Jeep OEM Module & the white in the motocraft module it the same wire, so connect it to a Ignition Switch (hot in Start & run). If you have a tach, connect the signal cable to the negative wire in the coil.

:chug:

Last edited:
Thanks for the diagram, hooked up as per your diagram and do not have spark.. suspect the module is hooped...how do you test the module?

You can test the module in advance auto or pep boys or auto zone stores

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom