2lostspace

Jeep-CJ.com Moderator
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ-7
Engine 258
Transfer case dana 300
I talked to the original owner of my 7 today.
Transmission New Process 435 out of 70 era 3/4 ton truck
Advance Adapters input shaft and Transfer Case adapter
Dana 300
Stock drive lines and axles.

With that said, is this a good set up the drive train?

You need to be more specific as to type of terrain & use. What engine, tires? The AMC model 20 rearend is a known weak player, but can be made to work with smaller tires & light wheeling. The New Process 435 Dana 300 combo is great.

The 20 is equal (many say a little better) then a 44 as long as you fix (weld) those weak axle tubes and change over to a one piece axle. It's a common modification. What are your plans?

The 20 is equal (many say a little better) then a 44 as long as you fix (weld) those weak axle tubes and change over to a one piece axle. It's a common modification. What are your plans?

I plan o welding the tubs up when I can get to the spring over on the 7. I also found out last night that he has a narrow track 44 plus 3 more front axles and 2 more rear axles. He also has the original soft top for my 7, Hood, grill, dash and a bunch of mis. parts for the thing. Some of the stuff he is going to give me, I will have to pay for some of it like the soft top 200$ with the half doors. That is a deal up here.

We all love good parts at a bargain! Being in AK makes it all that much better! Well, for you! :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom