My dad drove a '76 CJ-5 in a lime green color...help!

My dad drove a '76 CJ-5 in a lime green color...help!

wborisenok

Jeeper
Thanks
He insists that it was a special edition of some sort. I've Googled and Googled and Googled with no luck. I cannot find the name of this color or even a good picture of it! It was a lime-ish color...it was definitely a 1976 CJ5 . I'm trying to find an old picture of him driving it and when I do I'll post it here!

This is the closest I could find:

39874668-770-0@2x.jpg

That's a '79, so I don't believe that's the actual color. It also looks a bit too bright. This is driving me absolutely crazy. I've Googled the factory colors for that year and it seems the only options are Reef Green Metallic and Limefire Metallic. He doesn't think those are correct. Anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. - I'm new here! Plan to purchase my first CJ in the coming few weeks. I drove a Wrangler for 10 years and recently went into a Grand Cherokee. My dad passed on the Jeep tradition to my siblings and I by getting us each a Wrangler when we became seniors in high school. Since then, I've become addicted!

Welcome to the forum! :ww:

Maybe the "Green Apple" ?

The paint chip colors on the computer don't look the same as real life. My '79 CJ7 in my avatar was Ensign Blue, but wasn't as dark as the computer paint chip.

Check out this link: Paint Chips 1975 Gremlin Hornet Matador Jeep

1971 is the only year I can t hink of special editions in green and they had a lime green color for it... are you sure on the year?

Google

1971 jeep Renegade lime green

and show it to him and see if that is it.

cb

Post up the second row of numbers on the firewall vin tag.
There was a lime green on the Ren2, but the 76 and 71 were two different animals.
There were two greens in 76 forest and reef.

Yep, the color number is on the Vin. Tag.

I've got an update! After 9 months of sporadic research, I think I've got it figured out. Also, I'm the one that started this thread but had to create a new account because I've attempted to reset my password 3x today with no luck - the reset e-mail never arrives.

ANYWAY, with a bit more information from my dad and my grandfather (who bought it for him), I've figured out that the color he had was, in fact, special edition. I Googled "1976 jeep CJ5 original paint" and skimmed through Google Images for green ones. That lead me to this page:

News & Events

The site goes on to say:

A Jeep CJ5 has surfaced which has original 7P coded Lime Green paint. What is unusual is that Lime Green apparently was not available on Jeeps, plus this one is a 1976 model, and Lime Green was a new color for the 1977 model year. It was one of just four colors which were available on the Hornet AMX. Thanks go to Frederic Lynes for sharing his very cool Jeep with us!

My dad's Jeep color was actually a 1977 Hornet AMX color. For whatever reason, they put it on a Limited number of '76 CJ-5s. I showed the picture to my dad and he confirmed: that is the exact color. It is called "Lime Green" and has a color code of 7P. His also had the white Jeep lettering, as shown in the pictures. Here she is:

jeepfrt_zps10b5bb05.jpg

I haven't been able to dig up any further information about this. I may try to get in touch with the guy who owns the Jeep on the CarNut website. I also contemplated reaching out to Jeep, but I'm not even sure where to start there. My dad said that my uncle's '76 CJ5 was also a special edition like his..it came in a pale yellow. I looked up the other Hornet AMX colors and, sure enough, there was "Sunshine Yellow". I'm dying to know more information about these!

I'm that guy, and that's my Lime Green CJ5 . I PM'd you on the other Jeep site, Whitney.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom