Need correct part number for 79 Cj7 304 V8 Carb kit mc2100

Need correct part number for 79 Cj7 304 V8 Carb kit mc2100

cboyd1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7
I have been trying to get the correct carb kit for my Jeep. They keep ordering the wrong kit for me. They just tell me me they don't make it anymore now.

I have a 1979 CJ7 with a AMC 304 v8. It has the stock MC2100 carb on it. There is no tag left on the carb.

Any help getting the correct carb kit would be great. I need a complete kit with the power valve. Please let me know.

On a thread on here I found the NAPA part #2-5585. But that doesn't show to fit the 1979 carb.

Last edited:
I own a AMC 304 that I think is a 79 but I am not sure the engine number is 303 H 21
and the tag on the MC2100 is 9DA2J D 9A 17.
I hope this helps.:D

I have been trying to get the correct carb kit for my Jeep. They keep ordering the wrong kit for me. They just tell me me they don't make it anymore now.

I have a 1979 CJ7 with a AMC 304 v8. It has the stock MC2100 carb on it. There is no tag left on the carb.

Any help getting the correct carb kit would be great. I need a complete kit with the power valve. Please let me know.

On a thread on here I found the NAPA part #2-5585. But that doesn't show to fit the 1979 carb.

Ok mate the carb in question came in 8 models. Here is how you get model.

On the driver's side of the carburetor - right behind the accelerator pump rod - you will find what appears to be a “clockface”. The numerals in the “clockface” refer to the primary venturi diameter in inches. Ford made 8 different venturi sizes of the 2100/2150, depending upon its' application. The venturi sizes ranged from .98, to the hard-to-find 1.33.

Approximately one inch directly below the “clockface”, on the mounting flange (or toe) of the carburetor, there will be stamped on engineering number which can be decoded to tell the application(s) and year of manufacture find the attached decoding chart.

Hope this helps you out.

Attachments

• Carb2100-cfmchart.jpg
    Carb2100-cfmchart.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 573

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom