need help wiil these work for a cj7 1977

need help wiil these work for a cj7 1977

edo

Jeeper
Thanks
will these work in a 1977 CJ7 . Dana 44 front axle with 513 gears, ARB locker. Outer axles are busted but has good parts , how much do axles cost for the 44? Dana 60 Rear axle with 513 gears, Detroit locker with wilwood disk brakes. Ready to go . looks like i can get them for 500 :eek: is this a good ?

Last edited:
Hello edo and welcome to our site! :chug:

I''m not sure what you are asking? Your post is a little hard to read... :)

So you saying that you can get a 44 that needs new front axles for???

i can get both of them for 500.00. the 44 need front axles , want to know will they work in a CJ7 1977 what will i need to do to get them to work and is this a good idea?

Well, they will all work - depending on your skill level.. :)

What did they come out of? Are the spring under or spring over? What is the spring spacing? This are the BIGGEST questions?????

You will most likely need to change spring perches at the least and also cut and reweld the front wheel mounts (castor).

Depending on what they were in will let us know what you will need to make them work.. :)

You cannot link to images on your local PC- you have to use the 'attachment' option of the forums....

Code:
You link = file:///Users/ed/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]  is that a  good price [IMG]file:///Users/ed/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png

Use the attach attachment option... http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f16/how-attach-images-post-1270/

A small flag goes up here.
those housings with both those lockers should go fo so much more
Bring a mechanic with you to check out the internals of the diffs.
He will lso be able to tell you haw much it will take to rebuild those things, Axle work is not cheap.

Well, they will all work - depending on your skill level.. :)

What did they come out of? Are the spring under or spring over? What is the spring spacing? This are the BIGGEST questions?????

You will most likely need to change spring perches at the least and also cut and reweld the front wheel mounts (castor).

Depending on what they were in will let us know what you will need to make them work.. :)

a rock crawler ???? is this a good price what should i be looking at when i go look at them ???

As Baja said the lockers and gears are worth 3 times that much, so why are they this cheap. If the are in good shape yes they are worth it.
Saying they are from a rock crawler tells us nothing except they might be set up for coils. We would need pic's and some measurments for a better answer.
Some obvious things to check would be bearings and backlash also look at the housing for any damage.

Ide buy them just for the lockers.Looks like it was linked and has disc brakes on the rear.What side drop is the front pass or drivers?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom