Need help with removal of this part please!?!?!

Need help with removal of this part please!?!?!
Thanks
hey guys i am new to this whole jeep thing and well i have a 72 CJ5 and the AMC 232 i6 thats in it is locked up so i just picked up a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l dont know what year it is nor did the guy i got it from but i need help on how to remove this part so i can put the engine on my engine stand any help will be great thanks

WP_000034.jpg

That would be the torque converter. Look under/between the thin metal plate in front of it. There will be an access panel there. There are 4 nuts holding it on. Be careful, its full of Transmission fluid!

x2 on post #2

BTW look on the head underneath the valve cover the head will have the year cast into it between the valves somewhere near the middle of the head. it will be two digits so i.e. 86 would be 1986 have fun.

If you take the nuts off before you remove the engine next time, it will come off easier. You can use the starter to 'bump' the flywheel around if thats the very first thing you work on removing.

thanks to everyone for the great advice and help im just glad that im not putting that back on since my jeep is a stick, this is the first automatic ive encountered

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom